Overview: US Individual Risk Philosophy
The strategy for writing excess property insurance has been developed and refined over time. Distribution is focused on Bermuda-based brokers providing direct access to business from the US.
An exceptional track record has been achieved under our 4 guiding principles for portfolio construction:
- Portfolio Diversification
- Attritional Loss Management
- Supply Chain Cost Containment
- Real-Time Aggregate Management
The property team are currently offering capacity on behalf of QBE Blue Ocean Re supported by A+ rated reinsurance panel.
Helix is constantly reassessing the various sub-sectors within the property individual risk market to best deploy existing and new sources of capacity.
US Individual Risk Property
- GEOGRAPHY: US-based risks
- SECTOR: Middle Market with TIVs between $200 million and $2 billion
- DISTRIBUTION: Nationwide retail networks via Bermuda-based brokers
- LINE SIZE: Up to a maximum of $50m any one risk
- DEPLOYMENT: Excess of Loss layers only – minimum attachment $10m, no primary business
For more information about our Property offering, please contact:
Chief Underwriting Officer – Property
Helix Underwriting Partners Ltd. operates in Bermuda where it is incorporated in Bermuda as an exempt company
Helix is regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority and is licensed as an insurance agent under the Insurance Act of 1978.
Helix offers its insurance products through Bermuda-based and non-US domiciled brokers only.